Life Is Too Short To Celebrate Special Occasions Uninterestingly
CYD Events is one of the reputed service providers that you can always count on when it comes to engagement party hires and getting the best engagement props in Melbourne. The engagement party is the preparation for the biggest celebration of life – the wedding. In the majority of cases, the engagement party is not as formal as the wedding and it really is a wonderful excuse to let your hair down and party hard.
Engagement parties are a wonderful way to possibly meet an extended family that you may not have met yet. It is even an amazing excuse to invite more people than to the wedding as expenses are usually a lot lower for an engagement party. Your engagement party does not need to be lacklustre or simply a party for the sake of it. You can still style it or theme it in a certain manner to make it more fun and memorable.
With help from professional and experienced party stylists, our team at CYD Events can help you plan and decorate the engagement party without any stress. With such a variety of equipment to hire, engagement props in Melbourne and party specialists all set to help, your engagement party can be one of the highlights of your life. CYD Events are experts in engagement party hire and decorating. Get in touch with our team of specialists to get started planning your engagement party.
Checklist for Engagement Party
- Party Host - If you would like to stick with tradition, the engagement party is generally hosted by the parents of the bride. In more recent times, though, the majority of engagement parties are hosted by the couples themselves.
- Pick A Date - As you are celebrating your engagement, it is vital to choose a date not too long after the actual announcement. Anything up to three months after is just fine as a time frame from when you got engaged.
- Party Venue - Factors to mull over when selecting a location are the number of guests, setting, and indoor or outdoor preference. Select a place that fits your budget and even goes with the style you would like. Choose a space that keeps every person together.
- Guest List - The guest list is often bigger for an engagement party than for a wedding. It is a wonderful time to invite and meet extended family. Not every person you invite has to be invited to the wedding.
- Party Vibe - What kind of party vibe do you want for the engagement party? Will it be a more chilled or a cocktail style event or a simple sit down dinner? The cocktail style will make it simpler for the guests to meet and mingle.
- Decoration Choice - Not every person will select a theme for their engagement but the majority of them will select a style. Opt for a colour scheme and the kind of decoration you would like. Decorations will add to the overall experience of the guests at the party.
- Entertainment - It is an essential aspect and will be influenced by the kind of ambience you would like to create. Low key music, to begin with, is the best so that guests can socialise. Turn it up afterwards to energise the guests.
- Photographer - Every party always seems to take place so quickly and it is easy to miss things. Hire a photographer to capture all the moments and to help remember new family members. This helps when doing Thank You cards.
- Cake - The majority of engagement parties will have a cake as a bit of tradition. This is a wonderful time to do speeches and say your “Thank You’s”. The cake can even be served as a dessert to save on expenses for food.
- Thank You’s - Do not forget to do your “Thank You” cards after the party. Based on the way you invited the guests, this can be done digitally or in the mail. This is generally within two weeks after the event.
Let’s Get Started
When it comes to getting the best engagement props in Melbourne and styling professionals for the engagement party, approaching CYD Events will always be your best bet. Contact us today and get a detailed professional consultation!
We endeavour to provide you a luxury service whereby leaving you with nothing but beautiful memories.
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred event date, time, location, and the number of guests. Within 24 hours one of our team members will contact you. Should you choose to make a booking we will send you our booking form. Simply fill out the booking form, pay the $100 deposit and your event is secured. The balance of payment is due 5 days before your event.
We can set up our picnics anywhere within Melbourne, whether it be a private location (e.g. your house or backyard) or a public location (e.g. a park or a beach). We also have partner venues we work with, and can provide list you upon request.
Please note: some council parks in Melbourne regard permit applications weeks prior to the event date. Please plan ahead and make sure to contact CYD if you have any queries regarding the preferred location.
We typically require a minimum of two weeks notice for a booking, however please note that our calendar starts to fill up months in advance so early booking is recommended. Depending on availability, we may be able to accommodate last minute bookings.
Yes, we require a $100 bond for couples picnics, or a $200 bond for all group picnics. The bond will be returned to you once we have packed up your picnic and confirmed that all items are still in their original/undamaged condition.
Yes, we are happy to allow you to use the setting for a longer period if availability permits, this must be arranged with us in advance. Please note that a fee may be applicable depending on the amount of additional time required.
Our picnics do not come with food. We made this decision to give you maximum flexibility in the type food you serve for your event! However, we can recommend grazing caterers that are popular with our customers. Feel free to email us for more information.
While delivery and collection of items is included in the booking price as part of the set up and pack down, we do require a delivery and collection fee for events that take place more than 20 kilometres outside of Melbourne CBD. Please email us for more information.
Yes. If you are interested in hire only, please feel free to browse our website and check pricing on all of our available ‘hire’ equipment.
Yes – we can accommodate 100+ people.
We cannot refund bookings on the basis of bad weather but can provide options. If you have already booked and the weather forecast predicts rain, we can re-schedule the event or accommodate a last-minute location change (e.g. to a sheltered area/indoor location).
We certainly do! Gift vouchers can be purchased for any dollar value over $50 AUD. Purchasers will receive a physical gift voucher in the mail to gift to the recipient. Send us an email to order your gift voucher!
Everything was absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for creating this magical experience for us. She was a real delight to work with and we thoroughly enjoyed her company as well as her professionalism
I was fortunate enough to experience the amazing service from CYD Events. The service from start to end was incredible. I was so overwhelmed with the choices and themes and I left it to them to create something for me, it’s as if they just read my mind and put it all together, my backyard was turned into a dream come true. They coordinated everything without me lifting a finger from set up to pack down. They even helped with vendor recommendations from cakes to catering services! I can’t wait to plan my next event with the crate your date team. Thank you for everything!
Forever grateful for the CYD team for putting together the most incredible babyshower. Their suggestions and ideas were so unique and creative. Every little detail was so perfectly planned and organised to ensure my vision was brought to life. The team were so easy to work with and made my baby shower a day I will remember always.
Lets create a memorable day,
We would love to hear more about your special day and how we can help bring it to life.
Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
Phone: 0415 302 507 or 0410 648 516